Slideshow

As soon as there are pictures to post, this space will be filled with a slideshow. Stay tuned! :)

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

*ahem*

Ok, so, I'm so sorry that there's been a long break between posts. We've been getting emails and letters and he's been writing in his journal, we just weren't sure exactly what we should include and what we should exclude, and with all the updates building up I got busy and couldn't find time to get it all up to date, and I didn't want to skip anything. I happen to have the day off work, so, I figured I'd spend the day getting everything caught up to this point since Elder Duncan is transferring down to Guatemala tonight. I PROMISE I will do better about getting things up as soon as we get them from now on. Watch for multiple updates later on today once I type out everything and scan in some pictures and such. Unfortunately there aren't any pictures of him or what he's been doing. I don't know if that's because he hasn't been taking any, or he hasn't printed out the "good stuff" yet or whatever, but I'll be writing to him and asking him to take more pictures of him and/in his surroundings so that we can see what he's up to as well as hear about it.

For now, the most important info is that, as I mentioned, Conor will be in Guatemala very early tomorrow morning. They're leaving the Provo MTC this evening around 5pm, heading to the SLC airport for an 8pm flight to LAX, where they'll be laying over for three hours before catching a 12:35am flight down to Guatemala City, where they're scheduled to arrive by about 6:30am. We were told he will be allowed to call home once during all that craziness, which we're all excited about since the only other times missionaries are allowed to call home are on Christmas and Mother's Day. I think. Maybe Thanksgiving too but I don't remember. Either way, the number of times missionaries get to call per YEAR can be counted on one hand, which may seem horrible, but honestly, they don't have time for anything more, because they're so busy out there and focused on what they're supposed to be doing.

One more thing before I start tackling the little stack of letters and emails and stuff that's piled up un-posted here. At the dearelder site, Conor now has another place that will be kept updated with information and such that you will want to check as well as this blog:

www.dearelder.com/Elder_Conor_Duncan

There may be repeat information occasionally, but it's another way of keeping track of Elder Duncan that may even have better info than here, occasionally.

That's all for now, until I start posting a big group of updates back-to-back later. ^^;

No comments:

Post a Comment