Slideshow

As soon as there are pictures to post, this space will be filled with a slideshow. Stay tuned! :)

Thursday, June 2, 2011

backlog - part...uh...5...?

May 9, 2011 [journal entry]
The language continues to be learned, faster and faster, it seems. And during Hermano Burrup's class, he had us watch an address [Elder] Jeffrey R. Holland made at the MTC years ago. Even though it was given in the past, It seemed like like he said it just to me, right then and there. And I know I can't give up, no matter how hard and discouraging things get. Because like he said, it's supposed to be hard.

May 10, 2011 [journal entry]
Wow. What a day. Class with Hermano Catt was amazing. We spent all 3 hours studying personally about the Savior, which sounds awful and long, but I wish it could have gone longer. I'd never received so many new insights in one sitting before. And then at Tuesday Devotional, Elder Neil L. Anderson, of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, spoke to us. It was great, and strengthened my testimony of the Savior and our leaders so much.

May 11, 2011 [journal entry]
Service day again. I really don't like cleaning 5 bathrooms. But then I consider the purpose behind it, preparing us to serve ALL people of our missions, and it's not so bad. Then there's TRC. The Training Resource Center. It's where volunteers (usually BYU students) come in to be investigators for the training missionaries. And among all the missionaries I've talked to, it's the most dreaded thing here. But last week and this week, it really showed me how far my Spanish, knowledge of the gospel, & testimony have grown. And as I prepare to leave Provo next Tuesday, I feel more confident.

Subject: 2nd P-day
From: Conor Duncan (conor.duncan@myldsmail.net)
Sent: Thu 5/12/11 4:27 PM
To: [Everyone]

Hola!

So, it's my last week here in the Provo MTC (Missionary Training Center, since I believe at least one of you didn't know what i meant at some point). This Tuesday, May 17, I head out for the Guatemala MTC. We're supposed to report to the Travel Office here at the MTC at 4:30 pm. We'll be flying with Delta Airlines, leaving from Salt Lake City Airport around 8:00 pm, laying over at LAX in California for 3 hours, leaving LAX around 12:35 am, and arriving in Guatemala City at around 6:30 am.

Family, I'm not really sure when in this plan I'll be allowed to call, so just be ready for it from 4:30 on. I'll prolly call the house phone, unless I get a letter telling me a different number to use, up to you guys.

So, now my week. It was pretty awesome. Language just keeps coming, it's really amazing. And to those Church members who get this, you'll get a kick out of this. For Tuesday devotional, the speaker was none other than Elder Neil L. Anderson, of the Quorum of the Twelve!!! Twas awesome!!! other than that, nothing in particular to report. I continue to learn more about the Spanish language, the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and myself with every passing day. I feel like I've grown so much throughout just the 2 weeks I've been here, it's strange to think about how much I might change over two whole years.

Thinking of you all, Miss you tons. Talk to you later, next time from Guatemala City!!!!

Love,
Elder Duncan

Thursday, 12 May 2011 [letter to family]
Hey family,
Here's the next installment of my journal. [posted above] Be sure to post it one way or another to the blog. Love you guys!!!

Love, Conor

P.S. I'm pretty sure I'll put this in the email, but our travel plans are as follows:

Airline Flight Airport Time Date
Delta Air Lines 814 LV: Salt Lake City, UT 8:10 PM 17 May, 2011
AR: LA, CA 9:11 PM 17 May, 2011

Delta Air Lines 457 LV: LA, CA 12:35 AM 18 May, 2011
AR: Guatemala City 6:10 AM 18 May, 2011

Also, in answer to a question of Mom's, on P-day I have one 3-hour class. Otherwise, it's laundry, chill, and go to the Temple. And on Sunday, there's no class at all. It's sacrament [meeting], priesthood [meeting], and lot's [aw...he put an unnecessary apostrophe...so cute...] of personal study time, with a fireside and Church film to finish the day. Last week we watched The Testaments, and this week we watched the newest Joseph Smith one.

[I love how the P.S. was longer than the actual "letter" portion...hahahaha... :D ]

No comments:

Post a Comment